Build & Deliver
Once you have purchased land, secured financing, selected your home design and finishes, and have the local zoning/building approvals, it is time to build! Blu Homes will construct your home within our controlled factory environment, and then will ship and set the home on your site.
During the manufacturing, ship and set process, Blu:
- Confirms foundation connection details with your site contractor.
- Details factory production drawings for the factory building process.
- Maps the plan for shipping the home to your site.
- Manufactures and folds your home to get ready for shipping.
- Manages shipping, unfolding and finishing your house. You can see an example of what this spectacular process looks like in action by watching the video below.
During this phase you and your Site Contractor will:
- Fill out the Authorization to Build form, allowing us to start procuring and building.
- Begin site work.
- Excavate and set the foundation while the home is being built in the factory.
- Finish the utilities trenching, septic, well, grading and others.
- Ensure access for the truck and access/pad for the crane. Blu Project Manager will do a site visit to check access.
- Work to ensure final utility connections.
- Attend delivery day of the house, if desired (see below – the unfolding process is amazing to watch!).
How Our Delivery Works
Blu Homes’ unique steel-framing technology allows each home to fold up and to ship on a truck bed. Our team then unfolds and sets the home on site. This narrow, simple shipping technique is a key advantage for Blu, allowing us to deliver to many more sites than traditional modular homes, and to have wider, more open spaces with higher ceilings. Most of the time, a crane is required to install the home onto the foundation.
Our Included Services
We handle the manufacture, ship and set of your home.
Outside Vendor Services
As described above, you and your Site Contractor will be deeply involved at this stage with coordinating the excavation, foundation, utilities prep and all other site preparation prior to delivery.