Healthy environments are important in any living, work or play space. We design our homes to maximize the air flow and natural light that keeps spaces bright and clean, and to minimize toxins like formaldehyde and VOCs in our materials. Just as importantly, our foam insulation not only increases energy efficiency, it minimizes opportunities for mold growth and makes for a quieter, vibration-resistant space for more peaceful living.
- Abundant natural light – Our homes are designed to maximize natural light using proper solar orientation and thoughtful architectural design, both of which improve the open, airy feeling of the living spaces and the quality of life within.
- Healthier building materials – We are continually researching and selecting building materials that consider the health of the homeowner. Blu homeowners enjoy living with low-E, non-off-gassing, formaldehyde-free finishes.
- Shielded from the elements – Our building process protects the structure from outdoor precipitation that can lead to mold and other issues.
- Non-off-gassing materials – We use low or no VOC paints and finishes in our homes and make sure that we use only formaldehyde-free materials.
- Maximize airflow – Our open, spacious layouts maximize air flow and naturally create a more harmonious space for its occupants.
- Foam insulation – We choose our foam insulation based in part on how likely it is to fend off the growth of mold. Air mixture systems protect against stagnant or stale air.
- Hard floor surfaces – Using hard floor surfaces protects against allergens and molds that might thrive in hard to clean carpeting.