Senior Sales Architect
October 18, 2012
Blu Homes Job Opening: Senior Sales Architect
Blu Homes, industry trendsetter in prefab building, is seeking qualified applicants for a Senior Sales Architect role. Through the use of aerospace technology and lean manufacturing, Blu designs and manufactures eco-friendly, mass-customized prefab homes that remain keenly budget-conscious without sacrificing design or construction quality.
The Senior Sales Architect fills a unique and novel role within the company as a client-facing member of the design team. The position is very public in nature, and is at the core intersection within Blu’s business model to integrate architecture, business development, and client relations. The candidate will be leading design / client presentations that adapt the existing Blu product portfolio to developer-initiated projects as well as siting and configuring Blu’s standard products to specific single-family client sites. S/he will report to the VP of Design and work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams, as well as coordinating consultants and project partners.
With offices located in Boston, San Francisco, and Ann Arbor, and projects located across North America, the Senior Sales Architect position is extremely mobile, with high travel expectations visiting client sites and all three corporate locations on a regular basis. The Senior Sales Architect will begin in Ann Arbor for a short period of immersive training, learning and working. The Senior Sales Architect will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Substantial experience and clear talent working directly with clients.
- Passion for working as part of a diverse team of designers and non-designers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience with California site design – orientation, grading, foundation design, utility layout, and basic landscape.
- Deep understanding of green building practices; LEED certification a plus.
- Experience with and desire to embrace a digital design work flow.
- Demonstrable ability to grow, manage, and mentor a team of junior designers.
- Outgoing personality and sincere interest in meeting with clients.
- Ability to work as a collaborator with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong interest in an alternative model for design/construction (e.g. prefab, “product model”, mass customization).
- Willingness to travel.
- Interest in and ability to work in an extremely fast-paced startup-culture.
- Independent work ethic, excellent time-management, and ability to manage various projects effectively.
- Strong eye and respect for design and detail.
- Flexibility with work schedule and willingness to stay late or work weekends when necessary.
- Ability to “wear many hats” and embrace shifting roles, tasks, and projects.
- Licensed California Architect with at least 8 years of experience;
- NCARB certified;
The following experience is preferred and will be given special consideration:
- Single-family residential design/construction
- Prefab and/or modular design/construction
- Familiarity with Revit
- Sensibility for graphics and representation
Compensation: Full-time salary and benefits. Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
Application Process: Email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a single PDF including cover letter detailing your design experience and your interest in Blu Homes, your current resume, and a set of work samples (6MB max). Please include “Senior Sales Architect” in the subject line of the email.