Senior Desktop Analyst
November 12, 2012
Blu Homes Job Opening: Senior Desktop Analyst
Blu Homes, a high-tech modern green homes company, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Desktop Analyst based in our Waltham, Massachusetts office. Blu is the leading designer and manufacturer of beautiful, personalizable, and ecologically friendly modern modular homes, and offers a broad product line of homes and small accessory buildings available across the US and North America (www.bluhomes.com).
We need a talented, enthusiastic information technology professional who can provide the tools and guidance to our staff to help us work smarter and more efficiently. We are an extremely tech heavy shop but with varying degrees of comfort and experience with computers. The ideal candidate will help everyone operate at a high level while assuring extraordinarily high quality of systems service.
The more interest and drive to learn you bring to the job, the more opportunity you will get to grow in our technology group.
- Provide high quality desktop support to small office, react quickly to help people with basic problems (60% of time);
- Upgrade and maintain network and servers, creating redundancy and testing backup systems for business recovery (20% of time);
- Assure high quality of service on telecom lines and wireless devices (20% of time);
- Some travel required to our second site in Western MA;
- Reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Analytical, organized, and service-oriented approach;
- Timeliness and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop good working relationships;
- Independent work ethic – ability to manage various projects effectively;
- Ability to flexibly manage and prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Personable, friendly, and down to earth manner;
- Deep interest in being part of a high tech green homes startup team and culture;
- Strong work ethic & intellectual curiosity;
- Collaborative team player;
- Self-confidence and poise in working with outside groups;
- Patience and grace under fire;
- Willingness to work off hours (outside of 9a-6p, Mon-Fri) to complete system and network stability;
- Must be able to respond to IT emergencies within one hour.
- Strong understanding of Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, Active Directory, virtual servers, Exchange 2007;
- Understanding or ability to learn about VOIP systems (Cisco phones, VOIP provider, QoS);
- SQL or other database experience;
- Firewalls, routers, switches, VLAN’s, network redundancy;
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair Windows based hardware and software systems;
- Blackberry server, Blackberries and iPhones;
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintain engineering software a major plus;
- Bachelors or associates degree (IT / engineering discipline preferred);
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in desktop support / systems administration;
Compensation: Full-time salary based on experience. Competitive benefits package includes stock options and health insurance.
Application Process: Email only please: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Senior Desktop Analyst” in the subject line of the email and attach your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in working with Blu and why your experience and skills would make you well suited to the position.